Remember that old saying teachers used to shout out at the end of an exam? “Pencils down!” Well, I’m happy (and a bit relieved) to announce that I’ve put my pencil down and I’ve submitted my manuscript and made my final edits for my upcoming book. Now, it’s in the publisher’s hands as the editorial team takes these next few months to make sure that every I is dotted and t is crossed. But I’m happy to announce that we’re that much closer to the book being available for you in your local bookstore.
Whether you are a CPA, accountant, bookkeeper, QuickBooks ProAdvisor or a tax professional this book has useful information — even if you are not just starting your business. The book includes a wealth of information, quotes or stories from other accounting professionals and a lot of resources including:
- Sample business plan with industry statistics
- Questions to ask new or potential clients
- Client setup checklist for QuickBooks setups
- Sample engagement letters
- Effective marketing strategies including online marketing and social media
- Financial considerations including estimating start-up costs
- Guidance on setting billing rates and policies
- and much more
The anticipated publication date for “How to Start a Home-Based Bookkeeping Business“ is June 1, 2011. Mark your calendars!