Recently there was a great discussion in my Linkedin Group, Successful QuickBooks Consultants titled “What is the biggest frustration you have with growing your bookkeeping practice?” The discussion had a large amount of activity and comments from group members. Many accounting professionals, QuickBooks consultants, ProAdvisors, bookkeepers, tax professionals and more struggle with the same issues – Streamlining work to avoid the ups and downs of revenue during the year, marketing our practice, hiring and retaining the right staff, deciding which new technology to learn and promote to our clients, figuring out how to get control of our business instead of it running us, etc etc! Your clients request guidance from you on how to survive and to properly plan for the future. While you do a great job helping your clients with this, how many of you have reviewed your own practice, how you service your clients and how to grow revenue and profitability ?
Intuit is introducing a new program to assist us in putting a business plan together for our business and help us to take our QuickBooks Consulting and Accounting Services Practice to the next level! The Intuit Practice Excellence Program consists of:
- 2-Day Onsite Workshop to kick-off the creation of your Business Plan with facilitator- led discussions that will include marketing, quality control, practice development and much more. You’ll leave with a plan and the know-how to make it happen.
- Inclusion in a QuickBooks Leadership Committee. Share best practices and ideas on success and pitfalls with Accounting Professionals like you.
- Stay on Track! You’ll be assigned an Intuit Associate that will meet with you on a periodic basis to keep you accountable in meeting your Business Plan goals.
The Intuit Practice Excellence Program is ideal for Accounting Firm Leaders or Professionals who own their own Practice and want to grow a QuickBooks Consulting and/or Outsourced Accounting Services Practice.
Intuit has just posted the first 2 cities that they will hold 2-Day Business Planning Workshops – seats are limited:
- Plano, TX (Intuit Campus): June 6-7, 2011
- Mountain View, CA (Intuit Campus): June 22-23, 2011
My friend, Amy Vetter will be facilitating these workshops – many of you may know her as well. Amy has coached hundreds of accounting practices (Partners and QuickBooks ProAdvisors) on how to effectively create and grow a QuickBooks Consulting Practice. Additionally, Amy has experience having grown her own QuickBooks Consulting Practice over the years she was in business, as well as selling her own QuickBooks and Accounting Services Practice.
If you are interested in learning more about the program or enrolling, you can find out more information at http://proadvisor.intuit.com/lp/ipep/index.html