How many times have you seen a messy QuickBooks file which needed to be cleaned up? It can take quite a bit of time to clean up messy files and it may not be cost effective. Client Data Review makes it much more efficient to find and fix mistakes and clean up QuickBooks files. Clients really appreciate it too!
For QuickBooks ProAdvisors and Consultants, Accountants, Bookkeepers, Tax Professionals and others the Client Data Review (CDR) really can save you a lot of time cleaning up messy QuickBooks files — about 4 hours per file according to an Intuit survey!
Client Data Review automates and consolidates separate processes so that accountants can quickly find and fix common data entry errors. This set of specialized tools in Client Data Review, can be accessed under the Accountant menu (see NOTE below for info about QuickBooks Pro) in QuickBooks Accountant 2011 and QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant 11.0.
Client Data Review not only saves you time in cleaning up client files, but it serves as a checklist and documentation of work to be performed on the engagement. It is a very valuable tool for QuickBooks ProAdvisors, accounting professionals, bookkeepers, consultants and tax professionals.
Client Data Review was new in 2009 with more tools introduced in 2010. Now, improved for 2011, Client Data Review can now be used in multi-user mode–you can work in CDR while other users work in other areas of the file.
Client Data Review not only saves you time in cleaning up client files, but it serves as a checklist and documentation of work to be performed on the engagement. It is a very valuable tool for accounting professionals.
NOTE: In QuickBooks Pro and Premier (non-Accountant) 2009, 2010 and 2011, you can log in as the External Accountant user and access Client Data Review from the Company menu. However, ONLY the features in Client Data Review for 2009 are available. You will not have access to the new features and tools introduced in 2010, which includes Batch Reclassify, Batch Write-off, Troubleshoot Inventory and Fix Incorrectly Paid Sales Taxes. You will also not have the ability to access the CDR in multi-user mode.
These are the tools that are unique to Client Data Review and they have the wrench icon as shown in the screen shot below:
- Troubleshoot Prior Account Balances (quickly see which account balances changed and how much)
- Reclassify Transactions (batch reclassify transactions posted incorrectly and/or asssign a class to transactions)
- Review List Changes – Chart of Accounts, Items, Fixed Asset Items and Payroll Items (see what was added, changed, merged or made inactive)
- Fix Unapplied Customer Payments and Credits (clean up open Accounts Receivable)
- Clear Up Undeposited Funds account (and fix the underlying overstatement of income and undeposited funds)
- Write off Invoices (batch write off invoices)
- Fix Unapplied Vendor Payments and Credits (clean up open Accounts Payable)
- Fix Incorrectly Recorded Sales Tax (it actually voids the check, replaces it with a sales tax payment and maintains the cleared status)
- Compare Balance Sheet and Inventory Valuation (quickly identify any difference and reports to help you find it)
- Troubleshoot Inventory (quickly find problems with inventory and identify negative inventory situations too)
- Find Incorrectly Paid Payroll Liabilities (quickly locate improper payroll liability payments)
You can use one tool, several tools or do a complete review of the QuickBooks file. There is a free webinar on Client Data Review at Intuit Academy–including free CPE i(f you need it) and a PDF course manual which is an excellent reference guide.
For the QuickBooks 2011 Contest — make sure you subscribe (enter your email in the upper, right) and provide a 2-4 sentence comment to this blog post about one of the following (or something similar):
- A situation where you used Client Data Review and your comments about it
- How you plan to use Client Data Review and which tool you think would help you save time and why
- Why you haven’t tried Client Data Review yet
Click Here for Details about how to enter to win QuickBooks 2011 FREE or a FREE ProAdvisor membership free or click on QuickBooks 2011 Contest on the above menu bar.