QuickBooks Tip: Customize Email to Include Transaction # in Subject Line
Many people like to email forms (Invoices, Sales Receipts and others) from QuickBooks. This QuickBooks tip demonstrates how to include the transaction number in the subject line when emailing from QuickBooks.
You can email from QuickBooks using a variety of methods:
- QuickBooks E-mail (valid subscription required)
- Web Mail (New in 2011, you can email from QuickBooks using other web mail accounts from Google, Yahoo, Hotmail/Live or Others (I set it up to email from my GoDaddy email).
You can email these forms (transactions) from QuickBooks:
- Sales Orders
- Sales Receipt
- Credit Memo
- Purchase Order
This tip shows how to insert the invoice number into the subject line of the email. However, you can customize the emails for the other forms too.
Here’s how to customize the email preferences to include the transaction number in the subject line of the email:
- Edit > Preferences > Send Forms > Company Preferences tab
- Change Default for: Select the form to customize (Invoices in this example)
- Insert <NUM> in the Subject Line (you can customize the text of the email as well)
Now, the invoice number will appear in the subject line of the invoice as shown below:
Wasn’t that easy? Now you could customize other forms or the text of the emails too.