QuickBooks Advanced Certified ProAdvisor Exam and Training Updated and Now Available
The updated QuickBooks Advanced Certification exam (V3) and training are now available in the ProAdvisor course locker. To gain access to the exam and training, you must be certified in the three most current years of QuickBooks (currently 2010, 2011 and 2012). There are many benefits to earning the Advanced Certification as noted on the website:
The QuickBooks Advanced Certification Program is designed to deepen the expertise of ProAdvisors who are already knowledgeable in QuickBooks, and distinguish these “QuickBooks experts” as highly proficient in this field.
When you become a Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, you get the following additional benefits:
- Access to the Advanced Certification logo
- Improved ranking on the Find-a-ProAdvisor site
- Better Discounts for you and your clients
- Diamond Technical Support
A Few Key FAQs about the Updated Advanced Certification
- You only have to pass the Advanced Certification Exam once. If you are currently Advanced Certified, you do not have to take the exam again. You do need to complete the Advanced Continuing Education (ACE) courses to renew your Advanced Certification.
- You have 6 tries to pass the Advance Certified Exam v3. If you don’t pass within 6 attempts, then you have to wait one year to try again.
- The Advanced Certified Exam v2 will be available until June.
- The updated exam has about 2/3 of the questions from the old exam (V2) and about 1/3 new questions. The level of difficulty should be comparable.
- More details and FAQs are provided on the ProAdvisor website under Certifications — Advanced.
Comments about Advanced Certification
The Advanced Certification Exam is a hands on test. For many of the questions, you will need to download files (either QuickBooks or Excel files) and work with them to answer the questions. You should watch the recorded webinar and use the course manual to help answer the question (i.e. follow the methods in the manual and webinar to answer the questions). It is not an easy exam and requires some knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting in addition to QuickBooks knowledge.
Remember it is an individual exam — not a group test. Also, to maintain the integrity of the exam, do not share or provide answers to other people. Please do not ask me to help you — I will just refer you to the webinar and manual.
Tips to Help with the Advanced Certification
Follow these tips to help you efficiently complete the Advanced Certification:
- Login to the course locker, into the Advanced Certification Exam and print the test questions. It does not count as an attempt until you click to ‘submit’ your answers. Note: You need to use a screen capture like Jing, SnagIt, Windows Snipping Tool, or Print Screen and paste it to a Word Doc. I recommend one question per page.
- Refer to the test questions and work on them as you go through the webinar and course manual.
- Write your answers on the questions and make notes about anything you were unsure about or your assumptions. This will help you if you get it wrong.
- Remember to follow the procedure or method in the course manual or webinar.
- Read the question carefully. Some questions say enter zero or leave it blank — pay attention to these details. Focus only on the topic and question provided. You are working with sample files and you don’t need to look for or work on other things in the file. Focus on the specific question only.
I encourage you to earn the Advanced Certification. It will help you learn more about QuickBooks, troubleshooting and more. Plus, it helps you on the Find-a-ProAdvisor website. Remember to follow the methods discussed in the course manual and webinar! Good Luck and Get Certified!