Plan for a Successful and Prosperous New Year
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays and enjoys time with family and friends!
As we approach the new year, many people start thinking about New Year’s Resolutions. I would like to encourage you to set some goals and plans for your business for 2011 too. To help your business grow and prosper, you may want to ensure your plans include these basics:
- Create, update or improve your website and search engine ranking
- Start a blog and post regularly (maybe weekly or at least twice a month) — get started in a few minutes with Blogger
- Use social media for your business (links to mine to give you ideas) — create a Facebook Page, network in a Linkedin group, use Twitter or post videos on YouTube (you can use Hootsuite to help post to multiple sites more efficiently and schedule posts too).
- Join local groups or associations and attend functions regularly (the Chamber of Commerce, BNI or others)
- Join the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program (read my comments about it in this post)
- Complete the Certified ProAdvisor exams for 2010 and 2011 and consider the additional certifications (QuickBooks Enterprise, Point of Sale or the Advanced Certification if you’re eligible)
- Complete your ProAdvisor Profile, include a picture and get reviews from clients
- Attend conferences to continue learning, improve skills and enhance your value to your clients. I hope to attend and speak at these in 2011 and would love to see you there!
- Analyze the services you offerand consider possible new services
- Check out this special offer from Intuit Online Payroll for Accountants — get 1 year free for 1 client
- Consider where you could improve your efficiency and productivity. Do you need have the tools, equipment and services you need?
- Read the comments of the Tools for Success post for some great ideas from others
- Use Client Data Review to help find and fix problems in QuickBooks — read this post for an overview and link to a free webinar from Intuit Academy
- Numerous other areas to consider including online services, merchant services and payment solutions and more
Set goals and plans for your business for 2011 and you will be on the road to success! Best wishes for a safe and enjoyable holiday season and to a successful and prosperous new year!